Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 New Year's Resolutions

As it is per custom at this time of a year to make a resolution to hold on to and work on for the rest of the year I have decided that I will follow suite and make a few myself. 

1.       BE MORE SOCIAL…I’ve grown up with a family who doesn’t tend to socialize very frequently and I think I’ve become accustomed to this style of living. Now that I live on my own at college I’ve come to find that while I have an outgoing personality when I am with others, I am very rarely actually with other people. This year I have decided to change that and attempt to be a more social person so that I can meet some new people and acquire more friends.

2.       EMBRACE THE AWKWARDNESS…as a good friend of mine always says in a joking matter during times when we’re not sure what we’re supposed to do next, embrace the awkwardness. While the quote is said in a somewhat sarcastic manner, the more I think about the concept behind doing so the more the saying makes sense. Embrace the awkwardness and it’s no longer awkward. This one might be tough for me seeing as I tend to be a tad awkward myself most of the time, but I think if I’m able to overcome it it’ll be a good addition to my personality.
 
3.       TAKE MORE PICTURES...here I am dreaming of becoming a photojournalist and I don’t take nearly the amount of pictures I should. I have decided to make the commitment to take more pictures this year; document my new social side. I think why I haven’t done this as much in the past is that I’m so focused on making my pictures be perfect and awe-inspiring meaning that to do so I have to use my nice Nikon and then I have to edit them and make sure they’re perfect before sharing them with anyone else. Not this year! I’m all about the camera phone, handheld digital, or whatever I’ve got my hands on.

I must admit that I don’t normally make New Year’s resolutions, but for some reason I had these great ideas come to me and I knew that if I didn’t share them with the world I probably would follow through. So here they are world my 2012 New Year’s resolutions!

No comments:

Post a Comment